Saturday, November 28, 2015

Wildwood #2

Hiking date: June 19 2015
Location: Near Yucaipa CA
Rate: hard
Wildwood actually expands a lot more then we thought. We actually were planning to do Momyer trail, but that was when the 31,359 acre Lake fire started (which was close to Momyer), so we did this instead. You start 2/3 of the way through Wildwood #1, only make a right this time. Head toward a hill and go up it. It will have a lot of brush. As you make a bend, it will clear up. Go north on a ridge and go up a steep and small hill. Than go east for about 20 minutes to reach the top. By the way, about half of that time is steep. It was challenging but fun. Sorry that the pictures are blurry.

Our way to keep cool:



Toward the end of the hike:

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't even know you were writing this hiking blog, Cameron! This is fascinating. Great job! It's especially good that you post pictures from your hikes. That makes it even more interesting! I sure wish I could see that oasis on the Murray Hill hike, but that's probably too much of a hike for me to do. I love that you are such an avid hiker and such a good one. I love it, too, that you sometimes don't mind doing just a "little hike" so I can join you...that's because you have a kind heart. :o) You go, Cameron!!!!
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete